Cockatiels, budgies, macaws, cockatoos, African grays & parrots are some of the best pets we can think of.
The best reasons for getting a bird as a pet:
• Apartment living in most cities do not really allow the space for a bigger pet. A bird needs a small cage to live in.
• If you don’t see yourself taking your pets for walks (think dogs!), birds are a safe bet.
• Birds can talk with you – agreed that it is not the same as having a conversation with a human but at least you get a few words instead of woofs and meows.
• Birds are easier to maintain – clean out the cage, replace the water and top their feed and you are done. A couple of toys, a rope, a ladder and they are happy.
• Many birds live for a long time – there is no fear of a child being devastated on losing a pet.
So, I would hover a little on the bird maintenance part. Shavings, pellets and other conventional cage lining materials set up a foul smell, on top of not being absorbent enough. You have to look at replacing it very frequently if you want your bird to be healthy. We present a healthier, eco-friendly alternative in our Coco Bedding PB that ticks all the boxes for cost, effort and comfort. What do you say?
I am a science graduate and a salesman - rolled into one. I have a penchant for writing, but edit my copy so much that usually lands me in the same spot I originally began with! My hobby is to roam around Montana on a horse back [just a dream! I don't have a horse and never been to Montana!]